JP Silent Captured Spring Gen 2 9mm Short Stroke 5H2
Silent Captured Spring (patented)
9mm AR Short Stroke Version | 5H2 Heavy
The 9mm Silent Captured Spring is a drop-in component that softens recoil and reduces cycling noise and vibration in your 9mm carbine. The result is a refined rifle that’s a pleasure to shoot. Paired with our 9mm bolt assembly, you have the most reliable 9mm operating system available.
The 9mm Short Stroke Version provides the same reliable buffering as our other 9mm SCS models but with a shorter overall stroke. Designed for competitors looking for every edge, this model offers snappier cycling with even less felt recoil thanks to the shorter stroke.
Note that because of its shorter travel, a short-stroke Silent Captured Spring will not actuate the bolt catch on 9mm carbine receivers such as the GMR-15™. But, as our PCC stars always say, if you run your mag. empty at a match, you’ve done something wrong. Plus, the superior cycling more than makes up for it.
Package includes spring and instruction sheet.
- Simple, drop-in installation
- Quieter, smoother operation thanks to reduced vibration and friction
- Softened recoil, both felt and actual
- Completes the roller-bearing-like perfection of the JP operating system
- Sufficient deadblow effect to avoid bolt bounce
- Mass tunable via alternate masses
- Enhanced reliability and durability when shooting hotter loads
- Best SCS option for extreme competition use